Thursday, September 20, 2012

Upon reading Chapter I of Heroic Leadership I feel as though I am a changed woman!
Easy to read and understand, I enjoyed it immensely!    By reading only the first chapter of this book, I feel that I have completely changed some of my core ideas about myself, my life, my career, and my future.
    I have always felt that the reputation Rockhurst University has is a great one, but after reading about the
foundation it was built on, I am ten times more excited about returning to finally finish my education.
Also, I have even higher hopes for my future, aside from the cost of this dear education.
    This chapter enforced my feelings about leadership in general.  The common thought about a
degree in leadership is that with this degree, you aspire to become a supervisor or manager.  Also that
this degree equals the old “BA in Business Management degree”.   By learning the Jesuit philosophies
of  “Everyone is a leader” and “Leaders make things happen”, I feel so much better about the path I’m
on at Rockhurst.  I do know that I can be a leader in any job I perform throughout my life and that I can
be an inspiration to all people and coworkers in whatever I choose to do.  I don’t have to be a
supervisor, managing attitudes that can become terribly out of sync sometimes.  This is something I
have no desire to do.  But, I have found in my life, several times, that my ideas, can and do change,
as I grow and learn.
    I have always felt there was something more for me out there and I think it’s now hanging in my
midst!  I feel blessed to be one step closer to the top of my world!
                                                                                                                   Lee Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment